03 May 2009

Open your eyes Nicholas

Is life simply one question after another? Does my last sentence amuse me? Why? In God's name, why? Why are you doing this? But have you named them yet? You presume to demote me? Is Viscount Torville dead? My freedom? I beg your pardon? Can I never escape Him? May I ask who you are, Sir? You mock me? What should we drink to? Are you coming peacefully or do you intend to resist? You got a name, boy? Where have you been? But now we'll never know - will we? What noble business brings you here? The mighty who? Why don't you meet me outside the city by the ruins, let's say noon? What is this? Under whose authority? What did you say? Have you any idea what you've done? What kind of demonstration? You in a hurry to die? You have seen their vanishing kind? What in hellfire...? Hang himself? You came to restrain me? Why don't we charge them? Is that just because you are holier than everybody else? What gives you the right to judge me, to play God with the lives of others? You would fight me? What possible difference can I make? Are you in danger of becoming a good man? Do you remember what it was to have trust? That I should become Judas? Are you ready for a war? And you wish to charge off and fight as he did, eh? Why do you help me? Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty? And the common man, who bleeds on the battlefield, does he risk less? Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where do we go when we die? What lies beyond And what lay before? Is anything certain in life?


I may never find all the answers; I may never understand why. I may never prove what I know to be true, but I know that I still have to try.

No comments: