17 June 2009

Our Frail Deeds


Look outside. What do you see? Now look outside again. What do you want to see? I'll tell you what I want to see; I want to see the outside. I want to see blue skys and green grass. I want to see trees, trees with all their branches raised as if they're arms reaching for the heavens. I want to be able to walk outside at night and see the stars in all their greatness, shining down at me, illuminating paths which before were hidden.

Moreover I want this for my children, if I am ever blessed to have them. There is so much to be said for growing up with trees to climb in, hills to run on, and lands to explore. To live in a place which will not only allow the imagination to soar, but will also encourage it.
It simply seems to me that a place such as this inspires hope. This along with a home which can, in all sincerity be called home. A place built on dreams and trust. A place which breaths contentment. Perhaps one day I will look out my window and see something that resembles this. Or perhaps this is only a place that can be found after laying one's head down to slumber.

No comments: